Posts tagged NPM10
One of the great ways people can use Depiction during National Preparedness Month is in mapping key people and locations in their neighborhood to prepare for a disaster. Watch the video below, and then register for next Wednesday’s webinar to learn more!
National Preparedness Month is a monthly reminder to all of us that we need to prepare ourselves–our homes, businesses, communities, families and more–for disasters. During September, we’re going to be running at least six different webinars to help people do this.
Though they’ll be using Depiction, they won’t just be product demos–the webinars, some by Depiction staff, some by Depiction users–will show you actual concrete ways that people are using the software to prepare, and how you can do the same. Each of the webinars is targeted at the tasks of some specific groups, but we hope you’ll attend as many as you can.
Full details are available here, but here’s the list:
- Volunteer Teams: “Neighborhood Preparedness Mapping”, Wednesday, September 8
- Small and Medium Business Owners: “Prepare Your Business for Disaster”, Thursday, September 9
- Emergency Managers: “Technology Empowering Emergency Managers”, Tuesday, September 14
- Volunteers: “Preparing Your Community with Personal Technology,” Thursday, September 16
- Public Health: “Depiction for Epidemiological Surveillance and Public Health Preparedness”, Tuesday, September 23
- Amateur Radio: “Depiction, EmComm and Preparedness”, Wednesday, September 29
Tomorrow is the first day of National Preparedness Month. Watch this space for some great events we have planned for the month, but you can start the preparedness month festivities early–if you sign up for the Depiction newsletter between now & the end of September, you’ll get our “Technology for Personal & Family Emergency Planning” eBook, free!